In case you are simply spending one night time within the desert, all you actually need is a small backpack with a change of garments for sleeping in, in addition to your valuables (cash and passport). You may depart your whole different baggage both together with your tour driver or on the lodge with which you organized your camel trekking tour. Deliver toiletries for brushing your enamel and a small towel to clean your face, as most desert camps don’t have sizzling bathe amenities.
Though the tents have some lighting out there, it’s a good suggestion to carry a headlamp or flashlight if you wish to head out exploring at night time or use the restroom. Positively carry your digital camera and a tripod (if in case you have one), in addition to additional digital camera batteries, significantly when you plan on doing a little lengthy publicity night time pictures.
If you happen to actually wish to play the a part of a desert nomad, purchase a standard jellaba and turban in Merzouga or Mhamid to put on throughout your camel trekking journey!
High suggestions for camel trekking in Morocco:
- Consider the time of 12 months you’ll be touring and pack accordingly, with the warmth of summer time days virtually insufferable and the winter night time temperatures dropping surprisingly low.
- Attempt to pack as evenly as attainable as your camels are already transporting all meals and provides on their backs, however don’t overlook to carry a heat jacket for the chilly desert nights (and loads of sunscreen for the times)!
- Use the restroom earlier than you soar onboard the camels as there’s no bathroom till you get to the camp.
- Most camel treks cease for a break half approach to the camp so your thighs can have a relaxation and you’ll take within the views, however when you’re on a personal tour you possibly can request that your information cease extra regularly if it’s essential.
- If you happen to want to not go camel trekking and spend an evening within the desert, you may as well base your self at one of many extra luxurious riad/kasbah resorts in Merzouga or Mhamid and simply do a day hike or camel trek. However do not forget that the sundown and dawn over the center of the sand dunes is the spotlight of any Marrakech Desert Tours expertise!
- Ensure you have your digital camera secured round your neck because the camel journey may be very bumpy and it’s extremely troublesome to get secure photographs. Most guides are more than pleased to take photographs of you and your get together; it’s just about the one approach to have some reminiscences of you atop a camel.
- If you wish to do lengthy publicity night time pictures or get some HDR (excessive dynamic vary) photographs of the sundown and dawn, don’t overlook to carry a tripod. However ensure you know your gear inside out, as all of it occurs very quick and also you received’t have numerous time to work with.